Combine state-of-the-art aerodynamics with the benefits of tubeless ready, and you've got the Aeolus Comp 5 TLR road wheel. A classic aluminum rim with a seamlessly attached 50mm carbon fairing combine for a proven aero profile that has been wind tunnel tested to be incredibly fast. Aeolus Comp 5 TLR is a proven high-value option for the aero-conscious rider.
- Rim construction combines lightweight aluminum rim with a bonded carbon fiber fairing
- Tubeless Ready (TLR) rims allow for quick transition to tubeless system
- Aluminum with carbon rim construction (23mm outer, 17.5mm inner width)
- Compatible with Shimano 10/11 speed, SRAM 10/11,
- Includes Bontrager TLR rim strip, TLR valve stem, internal cam quick release, and traditional rim strip
- DT bladed spokes 18fr, 24r, Alpina locking nipples
- No rider weight restrictions
Tubeless-ready rims are compatible with both standard and tubeless-ready tires. When a tubeless-ready tire is mounted on a tubeless-ready rim with special tubeless rim tape, valve, and sealant, the tire and rim form an airtight chamber that no longer requires a tube. This lets you run lower tire pressure with less fear of pinch flats and without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction and lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces. The rim can always be used with a tube, as well, by simply removing the tubeless valve stem and installing a standard tube like you would with any non-tubeless tire.
|Rim Material||Aluminum with carbon rim construction|
|Rim Width||23mm outer, 17.5mm inner|
|Spokes (Front/Rear)||DT bladed spokes|
|Nipples||Alpina locking nipples|
|Skewer(s)||Internal cam quick release|
|Cassette Compatibility||Shimano 10/11 speed, SRAM 10/11|
|Extras||Bontrager TLR rim strip, TLR valve stem, and traditional rim strip|
* Subject to change without notice.
|QR / White/Anthracite / Front / 700c||601479745197||556904A||WHE48452146E|